Well, here is a new lesson for everyone. Don't leave things of value sitting by windows in your house. This should be something we all know, but you just get relaxed in your surrounding and (I) often forget that there are some really mean people out there.
At 4:15 am on Wednesday, Marcus and I were rudely awaken to what sounded like a tree crashing through our house. He flew out of bed, saw our dining room window broken and proceeded to run out of the house chasing the car that was flying down the street. I called the police and was pretty much in a state of shock and panic. After the police took down info and left, Marcus realized that his wallet and cell phone had been taken. We called the police again, he came back and took more info, and then left us to clean up and "go on" with life.
My friend graciously took our kids for the day, as Marcus and I had people in and out of our house as the landscaping brick they threw also damaged our table and hardwood floors. He had to go get a new phone and ID and we both need to catch up on sleep.
Another friend told me that this is a newer form of burglary, breaking a window and grabbing what is in reach. I am extremely grateful that their whole body was not in our house or that we never were face-to-face with them (although I think Marcus would think otherwise), and that we are all safe!
I HATE the sense of insecurity that follows something like this. We didn't sleep well last night and I am sure it will take me a bit to get back to normal. Prayers would be appreciated!
6 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about this, so scary. I can not believe the boldness of robberies today. At least you all our safe, let us know if you need anything. We will keep you guys in our thoughts. Hopefully they will be able to catch them. I hate the feeling of insecurity.
wow jill...i am so sorry. i can imagine how you must feel...our prayers are with you, for a sense of peace in your home.
Oh, that is scary. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
That is so scray, I'm so sorry that it happened to you guys. It's so hard to forget that feeling of violation. From your most recent post it sounds like you are feeling some relief from your anxiety and I hope that continues. We are keeping you all in our thoughts.
Jill, that is so awful! Chad's in Boston right now but I called and told him. He said he'll look into it when he gets home next week. I don't know if you'll get much comfort from that... but thought I'd let you know. We've been praying for you guys!
Oh my gosh, Jill, that is so scary! I'm glad they didn't get into the house, and that you are feeling better now. Take care!
Post a Comment