Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday, Jackson!

My first sweet baby over the past 5 years. I can barely remember what life was like before he came along. Jackson has blessed our life richly and we love the little man that he is. One of our favorite things about him is his love for others. He loves to be with other people, talk to them, hug them, ask them to come play, cares if they are happy or sad, and just has a genuine interest in them. We hope that he will always keep this trait. Jackson is also our "middle-of-the-road" kid. He is not easily angered and can usually go with the flow. He is a quick learner, a naturaly monkey, has a passion for trains and airplanes, and enjoys knowing how things work. I will leave out his traits that need a little work! He,he,he. Here are a few questions I just asked him:

What is your favorite color: Red
What is your favorite food: Carrots and Peas (hmmm) oh, yeah..and pizza and chicken nuggets and doughnuts and cheeseburgers!
What is your favorite toy: A diesel train
What is your favorite thing to do: Play with my marble game
What is your favorite song: Jesus Love Me
What is your favorite holiday: Valentine's Day (Why? Becuase I love you, Dad, Jacob, and Kathryn. And my friends and my cousins....I think I might cry!)
Where is your favorite place to go: Disneyland
What is your favorite movie: Angel Wars
What do you want to be when you are older? I want a mask and I want to be Batman.


I didn't put pics on my computer when he was one, so I don't have a great picture.

And I didn't like his "professional" 2 year old pic, so this will have to do!

3 years old

4 years old

Oh, how he has grown in one year! My big 5 year old!
We love you, Buddy!

3 comments:

The Chargualaf Family said...

He has TOTALLY grown in this past year! What a difference between 4 and 5 in his pictures! :0)

(Isn't it fun walking down memory-lane at each birthday!? I love it, too!)

nwestmama said...

Oh, I was just talking with Jared last night how Leyton has changed SO MUCH in the past few months and I can see it is Jackson also. They are getting to be such boys...not such little boys, just boys. What a sweet precious boy you have with such a great little spirit! We miss you guys already.

The Urwin's said...

I will never forget how one day in church, JJ was walking up the steps to go to kids church when he turned to me and said, "Melissa, you can come over to our house anytime you want!" What a little sweetheart! And I agree with him on his favorite place to go: mine is Disneyland, too!!