Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A New Challenge

In the past 24 hours I have realized that I am having a challenge with playing! Yesterday, the boys put on their super hero costumes. I told them to go down stairs and play "super heroes". When I came down, they were on the wii...playing a super hero game! Turning off the wii, I told them that I meant to pretend play and they asked how, as they were both good guys. My brain was stumped! I tried a few suggestions, but it came down to Marcus having to give better tips!

This morning, Jacob, Ryn, and I were playing with the farm set and dinosaurs. It was easy for me to set up the farm and make-believe with Ryn. Then Jacob set up his army of dinos and started attacking the farm. This is nothing new, as this is usually what happens with the dinosaurs. The problem, Ryn was not thrilled with Jacob, which I could totally relate! How can the two of them play make-believe in their own ways, but with each other??? Luckily, Ryn's attention span cut her short and she was on to something else. So Jacob and I continued the battle, with his dinos defeating my crowd, as always.

Dino attacking Ryn

What's That?!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It's an interesting dynamic, isn't it?! Ava doesn't always appreciate the "attacks" of her brothers, or the dinosaurs that destroy her tea party. But give her a light saber and tell her she's Luke, then she's game :)