This is my favorite time of year and luckily for me it is Jackson's too! He is just as crazy about Christmas as me and it shows more every year. It is great to have someone to share it with...have you met my husband, Scrooge? Just kidding, Marcus, you are getting better every year too!
Every year I take each kiddo out by themselves to pick an ornament and then go to Starbucks. No, I did not take Ryn by herself this year, but she is loving her first ornament.

Here are Jackson's last 2 year ornaments. He picked the bells when he was 2 because he liked walking around with them like the train conductor in The Polar Express. He chose a diesel train last year and I thought for sure it would be an airplane this year. Nope, another train. Maybe trains have stuck in his heart and he will work on one someday!

Jacob's first 2 ornaments

And this year's ornaments...a Santa Fe diesel and a race car. Unfortunately, the Starbucks trip with Jacob didn't happen. He stunk up his diaper so bad at the store we couldn't go anywhere but home!

I let the boys put most of the ornaments on the tree this year. Jackson did great at spacing them out, but kept complaining that Jacob was hanging more than one on a branch. Good thing Jacob doesn't care if they get moved! We had a picnic lunch by the tree which they thought was the coolest thing ever!

We also have made ice ornaments for the tree and railing outside. The weather is so cold they still haven't melted yet.

The teacher in me was getting ansy! Some friends came over, that also happened
to be teachers, and their kids to make gingerbread houses. I used to do this every
year with my class and loved finally having a kid old enough to try it at home. Jacob did
okay, but I ended up decorating much of his house. It was fun to see the creativity of the
kids, especially the girls.

We got about 6-8 inches of snow in one night and JJ was thrilled! I love that he is at the age where he can get himself ready to go play in it outside. I also love having an excuse to make hot cocoa!


We were out there only about 30 seconds before Jackson threw snow in Jacob's face. It took another 5 minutes to convince Jacob that he would have fun and needed to stay outside!
5 comments:
You and I have so much in common :) I love, love, love this time of year too... and it has rubbed off on my whole family (well, Carter's a bit young... but give him time :) I love your ornament/Starbucks tradition that you do with each of your kids :) And lucky mom gets Sbux three times!! Enjoy all the rest of your holiday festivities and preparations!!
Isn't that great how I get Starbucks 3 times?!!! Well, I guess I will in the future, this year I only got it once.
I sure wish I was wrapping up the holidays with you at Mickeys! Have a great time and I can't wait to see pics (as always!)
Looks like fun!! How did we miss out on the gingerbread stuff?? :-) The picture of the boys in front of the tree is so cute! They looks so close in age in that picture for some reason.
Great pics! I love the ice-ornament idea!! Very cool!!
What a fun tradition with the ornaments and Starbucks! :) Thanks for the idea!
Post a Comment