Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Airplanes, Grandma's, and a Real Bath

Last week Marcus took the boys to the airport museum where they had special war planes to tour. Of course, JJ loved this. They got to go inside the plane and see all the instruments and weapons. Below is a pic of the gun, very exciting to a boy!When my mom heard that the whole family was sick she quickly offered to come back over and take care of us. Obviously, I accepted her offer! Thanks, Mom! The day came that she had to leave and I still wasn't feeling well, so the kids and I "hopped" in the car with her and headed over the mountains. This worked out great as she let me rest and my family on the westside got to meet Kathryn.
She had her first purposeful smiling time with her uncle Jeff at 3 weeks old. She kept gazing at him and thought he was pretty cool.

Meeting her great grandma, Nana.


My niece, Emma, was very enthralled with Kathryn. She constantly wanted to hold her and had a great time going through her old clothes with me that she was passing down. She kept saying, "Oh, Kathryn will look so darling in this!"


I found JJ having a conversation with Ryn about what she will like to play with. Although, his list included airplanes, trains, Transformers, and Star Wars. I asked him if she could play with Barbies and he said, "No, I don't think so."


My mom always has crafts on hand that they boys can make. I think my kids will have great memories of making things at Grandmas! Here they are making a wooden race car that JJ turned into an airplane.


The boys also had fun going into Grandmas garden to pick and eat fresh carrots.

Back at home, we finally got to give Ryn her first real bath. Her belly stub did not fall off until 22 days! This was such a pain for me as the boys' fell off at 10 and 8 days.
She is getting excited to splash in the tub!


My first baby looks gigantic next to her...sad. She did great. No screaming (like both of the boys), just looking around at her brothers and a few chills.

Jackson loved having her in the tub.


All snuggly warm and ready for PJ's.



Ryn and I were having our own conversation. I tried to capture a smile, but they are quick. I did get her "talking" though. She started interacting much more quickly than the boys did. She is only 3 1/2 weeks here. The boys were more around 5 weeks. Although, she only does it when SHE wants. I hope that is not an indicator of her future stubborness.

5 comments:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

Wow, she looks so different already from when we saw her :) I love the 3 kids in the bath picture :) I have one just like that when Carter was about Ryn's age! And JJ does look so huge next to her now. *sigh* time flies.

How wonderful your mom was able to help out so much!

Unknown said...

She is such a Fry baby it's awesome! I love the picture with JJ and Emma, that is such a precious picture!

The Lockbeam Family said...

She's growing up sooo fast!! I can't wait to see her again!

The Pichura Family said...

The interaction...well, that is a girl for you :) So sorry you were sick...no fun!

HMPhillips said...

I'm pretty sure that the third child is always the most stubborn...right? hehe