Well, as many of you know, my Disneyland withdrawls flared up and we just happened to find some great airfares to head back down there! Originally, Marcus was going to stay home and work on an up-coming trial, so just my mom, the boys and I were going. But, trial was canceled and Marcus was able to join us a day later. Our one "snafu" (is that a word?) of the whole trip happened on the flight down. When we checked our bags we were told to go to C-9. We arrived at our gate 50 minutes before the flight was to take off. People were waiting around, there was a plane outside of the gate, but there were no staff at the desk. We kept waiting and then when they called boarding to Las Vegas and all the people got up, we got a little worried. Mom went to go investigate and they had switched the gate to a D gate. During that whole time we never heard an intercom announcement, a sign on the screen above the desk or above the door! So...we got to stay another 3+ hours in Seattle. I had purposely not napped Jacob inorder that he slept on the plane, so he was cranky! We had to eat dinner there, and we lost time seeing our friends in California. All Alaska told us was "sorry". No mileage, no food vouchers, nothing!
Waiting for the plane we thought would be ours!

The up-side to this issue was we had an awesome pilot on our next flight! Jackson stepped on the plane, saw the cockpit door opened and immediately asked if he could see it. There is no shyness in this kid! The pilot completely welcomed him and I think enjoyed JJ as much as JJ like his "tour". He let him touch tons of buttons (which made me a little nervous), sit in the co-pilot seat, and talk through the intercom. He said, "Grandma, this is your pilot," which got a few nervous chuckles from the passengers.


So Happy!
We stayed the first night at our friends, Trey and Vallie. They had some great climbing trees, this is Jackson practicing his princess wave!

Dress-up time
We went to Seal Beach that afternoon. We had a great lunch and took a walk out to the water. Jacob did not like standing in the sand. Grandma had to hold him the whole time.

On the other hand, Jackson had no problems with the water or sand and was close to drenched when it was time to go. Luckily, I had our luggage in the car to head to our next stop, my cousins' cousin, the McKinleys.
JJ, Britain, Ty, and Jacob (Celia, the baby, was happy in Dad's arms)
Waiting for the plane we thought would be ours!The up-side to this issue was we had an awesome pilot on our next flight! Jackson stepped on the plane, saw the cockpit door opened and immediately asked if he could see it. There is no shyness in this kid! The pilot completely welcomed him and I think enjoyed JJ as much as JJ like his "tour". He let him touch tons of buttons (which made me a little nervous), sit in the co-pilot seat, and talk through the intercom. He said, "Grandma, this is your pilot," which got a few nervous chuckles from the passengers.
We went to Seal Beach that afternoon. We had a great lunch and took a walk out to the water. Jacob did not like standing in the sand. Grandma had to hold him the whole time.
On the other hand, Jackson had no problems with the water or sand and was close to drenched when it was time to go. Luckily, I had our luggage in the car to head to our next stop, my cousins' cousin, the McKinleys.
On the way to Disneyland!

Although Jacob was not feeling well this morning, he was sure happy and completely intent on his surrounding.

JJ was very excited that he was allowed to "drive" this year on Autopia!

Jacob about fell asleep on his drive. This is one of many rides that I was the designated photographer because I was prego and not allowed to ride.

Last year Jackson was scared throughout the Buzz Lightyear ride. This year he loved it!


This ride made me sick enough that I didn't even go on Dumbo this trip!

Although Jacob looks like he has been crying in this picture, it is really his sinus cold. He LOVED watching the Star Wars show, clapping and everything.

Another new favorite of Jackson's was Big Thunder Mountain. He was tall enough this year to go on all the big rides, except Indiana. We chose not to send him on Space, since it is totally dark the whole time. He also got to go on Star Tours, Splash Mountain, Matterhorn this year.

Yum...lunch!

Early in the day I had mentioned to my mom that I wouldn't mind having a boy so we don't have to wait in long lines to see princesses and get their autographs. Little did I know that we would have to wait in line for Pooh and Friends! Jackson did have fun showing each of them his new airplane toy!




More family pictures. My poor mom had become our personal photographer! Tom Sawyers Island is now Pirate's Island, which the boys would love to run around on by themselves in a few year...oh, I guess Marcus would too!

Checking out the boat we should have gone on to give Jacob a longer nap! He did take about an hour and a half in his stroller, which revived him enough to stay awake until midnight.

Climbing up Tarzan's Treehouse



Everytime we go to Disney, I try to get a family picture in front of the castle in the day. For some reason this never happens. At least this year Jacob was included, but it take about 6 shots to get a somewhat decent one. I only included one of the "comical" shots.

The Best of the Bunch

We tend to think that Jacob hasn't grown much in the last year, so here he is on the carosel this year and one of him last year. He has grown!




Marcus, my mom, and the boys headed to Toon Town around 9pm as I went to save us a spot for Fantasmic, one of the night shows. The boys (including Marcus) were thrilled. There was barely anyone there, so they had the area pretty much to themselves. They went on the rollercoaster about 6 times.
Although Jacob was not feeling well this morning, he was sure happy and completely intent on his surrounding.
JJ was very excited that he was allowed to "drive" this year on Autopia!
Jacob about fell asleep on his drive. This is one of many rides that I was the designated photographer because I was prego and not allowed to ride.
Last year Jackson was scared throughout the Buzz Lightyear ride. This year he loved it!
This ride made me sick enough that I didn't even go on Dumbo this trip!
Although Jacob looks like he has been crying in this picture, it is really his sinus cold. He LOVED watching the Star Wars show, clapping and everything.
Another new favorite of Jackson's was Big Thunder Mountain. He was tall enough this year to go on all the big rides, except Indiana. We chose not to send him on Space, since it is totally dark the whole time. He also got to go on Star Tours, Splash Mountain, Matterhorn this year.
Yum...lunch!

Early in the day I had mentioned to my mom that I wouldn't mind having a boy so we don't have to wait in long lines to see princesses and get their autographs. Little did I know that we would have to wait in line for Pooh and Friends! Jackson did have fun showing each of them his new airplane toy!
More family pictures. My poor mom had become our personal photographer! Tom Sawyers Island is now Pirate's Island, which the boys would love to run around on by themselves in a few year...oh, I guess Marcus would too!
Checking out the boat we should have gone on to give Jacob a longer nap! He did take about an hour and a half in his stroller, which revived him enough to stay awake until midnight.
Climbing up Tarzan's Treehouse
Everytime we go to Disney, I try to get a family picture in front of the castle in the day. For some reason this never happens. At least this year Jacob was included, but it take about 6 shots to get a somewhat decent one. I only included one of the "comical" shots.
The Best of the Bunch
We tend to think that Jacob hasn't grown much in the last year, so here he is on the carosel this year and one of him last year. He has grown!
Marcus, my mom, and the boys headed to Toon Town around 9pm as I went to save us a spot for Fantasmic, one of the night shows. The boys (including Marcus) were thrilled. There was barely anyone there, so they had the area pretty much to themselves. They went on the rollercoaster about 6 times.
We watched the late show of Fantasmic that started at 10:30. Jackson, who had no nap, fell asleep about 10 minutes into the show, just as the evil parts began. Jacob was pretty snuggly, especially through the evil parts, but was clapping and laughing during the good parts. He stayed awake through our late night shopping and finally crashed in the car on the way home.
5 comments:
Love the souvenirs they picked out... and their new sweatshirts =) Looks like you guys had a fabulous time and I'm so glad Marcus could join you all! Thanks for sharing... I got my daily Disney fix today =) LOVE THEM ALL!!
Oh, and by the way... you look ADORABLE! I'm getting the "girl vibe" from your photos. Your face is so thin and you look like you're carrying a little differently. That's just my gut instinct =)
So glad you guys got to see Trey and Vallie and spend a day with them. Vallie and her kids are beautiful as always, we really enjoyed seeing them too. I always feel bad because we never get to spend very much time with them when we're there because we're usually traveling with other people.
We find out on Monday what it is! Stay posted!
Wow!!--Great pics, Jill! (It was kind of hard going through them, as it made me want to visit CA so badly!---And it's been years since we've gone to Disneyland!) Funny seeing my Yakima friends at Seal Beach! :0) Those are our "stomping grounds" whenever we visit my family! Isn't Main Street fun to walk down (and visit the little shops, etc.)?
Thanks for sharing... Looks like you guys all had a great time!
How fun!!!
Post a Comment