Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Monday, July 14, 2008

Busy Weekend

This weekend we celebrate the third 2007 babies' 1st birthday! Did that make sense? On Marcus' side of the family, there were 3 babies born last year, all about 3 months apart. (Obviously, Miss Mads is missing from the picture) They are now all one. I can't wait to see them in another year and how much fun they will have growing up together.

Since JJ's cousin can't ride his bike yet, he thought he would take it for a spin. Looks like we need to think about getting a "real" bike!

My wonderful husband had no problem with Kara and I skipping town for a few hours and hanging out in the sun. (That was until the boys were being cranky little turkeys!). We went up to Rimrock Lake, which is on that highway I fell in love with. It is a man-made lake in the mountains, completely breathtaking. I wish I had gotten a better picture!

We borrowed her dad's kayaks and explored one end of the lake. It was a little breezy, but made for a good arm workout. Once again, I wish I had my camera. The views from the middle of the lake were gorgeous! I will have more pics of this area later, as we are hoping to get in a night of camping before she leaves for the summer.

3 comments:

HMPhillips said...

Oh my golly goodness...would that be a swimming suit from costco that you are wearing? I happen to have purchased the same one! We could be swimming suit twinsies!

5 Cougs said...

Of course it is from Costco! Where else would one buy a swim suit? I guess we will never be going to Franklin together this summer!

Angie said...

How fun to get a little "away" time from the kido's. It sounds like a really neat lake. Don't you just love summer!