Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Monday, March 17, 2008

Disneyland - Day 2

Jacob's was all smiles for his first trip to Disneyland! The first thing we headed to was, of course, the train. I had asked the conductor at the station if JJ could sit with the engineer. They said it was possible, but only a few trains had the seat for this. So we waited for a few trains and finally the one possible came. But...we were going to have to stop and fill the train with water, so guests had to be in the coaches! Oh, well! He was still thrilled and we got a front row seat.

The engineers were very friendly, I wish we had time to ride again with them.
Marcus then took Jackson on Astro Blasters. This is a Toy Story ride where you shoot targets as you go. It is called a "dark ride" as it is enclosed in a building. We would come to find out that JJ does not like "dark rides"! He tolerated Monsters Inc. as it was not too loud and he knows the movie well.

We also discovered that he does not like 3-D. We made it through 2 minutes of Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I headed out with him and left Marcus and Jacob inside. Next thing I know, here they come. Jacob got startled, wet his already full diaper, and leaked all over Marcus. I had everything in the world in our backpack, except extra clothes. I did not want to have the weight and was hoping there would be no accidents. So, Jacob went the next hour wearing a diaper and a jacket! Marcus kept his pants on! We decided to take naps in the car and get a fresh change of clothes for the pee boys.


JJ really liked all the outside rides, especially the roller coaster in Toontown. Here, he and Dad are ready to ride the Astro Orbitor. I asked the cast member if she would let Marcus and I switch when he was done, as I was sitting out with a sleeping Jacob. This was great for JJ as he got to go on it twice in a row.
Vallie, Ty, and Britain met us for a few hours on Friday. Here they are amused by the hippos on Jungle Cruise.
Jacob cared more about his bottle than the boat ride at the moment. (This would be the bottle that came out on Marcus. He,he,he)
At California Adventure, they have a couple stores and restaurants that are inside of an old train. I don't have to tell most of you how many time JJ asked to go there! He found this model of the monorail and fell in love with it.
Could it be? Another train!

Jacob didn't go on too many rides but loved the carousel.
Sorry it is dark! Dad and JJ on the Zephyr.
What a shot! You would think he was on the roller coaster! Jacob did very well all day. He didn't seem to mind being locked in a stroller as there was so much to see.
We headed out a bit early that night to "Hotel McKinley" (my cousins' cousins). When we got there around 9:15, hoping to put JJ right to bed, he found their boy's train table! What a day for the little man.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love that last picture with Jacob's arms in the air with California Adventure in the background. It looks like it could be a postcard :-)