Jackson J., Attorney at Law...Minus the dino shirt, chocolate stains, and nose boogies!
I just thought I would write a few things that Jackson did today that made me either realize that he is not a baby anymore or just how much I love him! Although I have realized this already, every now and then it smacks you in the face. I am sure other moms can relate! This is more for me and family, but friends, you might like it too!
1. We were at a friend's playing and JJ was talking to his "older" friend (by 5 months) as though she were a baby. This looked a little odd, but my heart melted at the sweetness in his voice. He is very caring to other kids, always welcoming, but also very "touchy". He loves to hug, tickle, and wrestle. Not always a trait other kids like.
2. While I was making lunch Jackson was playing out in the yard. Because it had been about 3 months since he has really played out there, I was surprised at how quick and agile he has become on our playset. He was swinging upside-down and racing up and down the ladders. I was also watching him as he pretended (or tried) to pick up dog poop, climb the tree, and chase Maggie. There was such a sense of pride, freedom and saddness watching him.
3. When we sat down for lunch, JJ asked me in his "mommy" voice, "So, Mom, are you having a good day today?"
And then in his sing-song voice,"What are we havin' for lunch?"
4. He adores Jacob (when Jacob is not playing with one of his toys) and tries to take care of him. While they were playing in the playpen together, JJ kept offering Jacob toys and wanted to show him how they worked.
5. This really cracked me up. I was trying to follow a pilates video for the first time. JJ came over, watched the video for a second, and then watched me. He stated to me very matter-of-factly, "Mommy, don't do that. Get up. That looks silly." I couldn't help but burst out laughing and tackling my sweet boy.
6. Usually while we are eating dinner, he likes to feed Jacob whatever we are having, and sometimes tries to debate with me that Jacob really can have whatever we are eating, even a chunky piece of meat! I think I have won that battle. JJ will now tear off the smallest crumb of whatever he is eating and ask me if he can give it to Jacob. The fact that he is sharing makes me smile!
7. Now sharing with Dad is another story. He still loves to share, but thinks that Jacob portions are still approriate. Jackson was eating the last cookie that a friend gave us. Marcus asked if he could have some and JJ happily responded, "Sure." He proceeded to tear off a lima bean size bite. Marcus asked for more, JJ did the same!
1 comment:
What a special boy you have! I loved reading this :-)
Post a Comment