Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Christmas Break

You've got to love being a teacher and getting two weeks off at Christmas! The first week Jackson and I spent a lot of time lounging around. My friend Kara spent some time with us, as her husband had to work all day, too. We took Jackson up to the elk feeding station. There were hundreds of elk laying around in a field, resting before their next feeding. Jackson enjoyed running around in the wood lookout and peeking through the planks.


We also got together with a bunch of friends from church and let the kids decorate cookies. I was thrilled that Jackson was happy eating his one cookie and then decided to go play with the "clean" toys. What a good boy!



My family came here for Christmas. It was good to be home, but the night before Christmas the stomach flu visited three of us. It is pretty sad when you can't eat on Christmas Day! We then headed to Pullman to visit with Marc's family, as his brother was coming up from Texas. Next, we went to Seattle for a few days before coming home on New Year's Eve. I think I am still recouperating from the traveling, but it was nice to see all of our family!

No comments: